How to Trade Forex

Back to Home
The last decade has seen major fluctuations in currency with markets experiencing record-breaking highs and lows. During the most recent economic recession, the foreign exchange markets were put under the microscope. As they dominated news headlines, some people were able to take advantage of these major fluctuations to make a considerable amount of money. Trading currencies has the potential to be very profitable, but, like other forms of investment, it also comes with a considerable amount of risk. Before you learn how to trade on the Forex market, you should consider your investment objectives, experience level, and the amount of risk you’re willing to take on. The money you choose to invest should be money you are able to risk. Investors should make it a rule of thumb to never trade with money that they cannot afford to lose.
 

Trading Currencies Online

 
The value of the world’s currencies goes up and down on a consistent basis. In the past, the trading of currencies was generally limited to big money investors like financial institutions and large-scale corporations. However, with the introduction of the internet and the increased acceptance of online trading, individual investors have become more intrigued with the foreign exchange market as a way to turn a profit and maintain a well-balanced portfolio. As accessibility continues to increase, the online trading boom has brought forth a number of new investors hungry for more information on how they can profit from the fluctuation of currencies.
 
The Foreign Exchange market is the largest and most liquid marketplace in the world. The average daily volume transacted in the Forex market is about $3.2 trillion. Since there is such a large number of transactions on a daily basis, brokers and brokerage services are able to keep transaction fees fairly low, as there is plenty of demand in the market.
 

What Am I Buying?

 
The buying process is very similar to that of other markets. For example, when an investor purchases stock in a company, there is no physical exchange of money for stock. But rather, the shares are tracked through a broker or online account that monitors the value of those shares over time. The shares can then be sold at a profit (or loss), depending on the current market conditions. The same goes for trading currency. There is no physical exchange of one currency for another. Instead, investors are trading the change in value of one currency relative to another.
 
It is important to note that investing places your capital at risk. The main reason that Forex exists is to serve as a currency exchange centre for multinational corporations that need to trade currencies continually. Day-to-day corporate needs constitute about 20% of the daily volume, while the remaining 80% are speculative in nature. Since currencies are always quoted in pairs, traders are actually buying and selling a currency in the same transaction.
 
Learning how to trade on the Forex market can be a fun learning experience, especially with the introduction of demo accounts. These demo accounts allow prospective traders to learn the ins and outs of the foreign exchange market without having to risk any real capital. This hands-on experience is a fun way for traders to learn how the market operates and identify trends in currency fluctuation over time. 

INTELLIGENT TRADING

Take advantage of our exciting range of trading tools, integrated directly into the MT4 platform.

For a limited period we're offering our full suite of tools to both Live and Demo account holders.

See how your trading can benefit by joining us today!

JOIN OUR INTRODUCING PROGRAMME...

Clients to introduce?

We offer a range of different programmes for introducing clients, based on individual needs.

 

Whether you want to trade on accounts and earn a rebate, or simply earn on the introduction of clients, we've got the solution for you.